Hey all! So excited to share some additional recipes with you that are Whole30 friendly today!
As a reminder, on the Whole30 diet, you CANNOT eat the following:
- Dairy. This means cheese, cow milk, cream, yogurt, half and half, butter. Substitute these cravings with sugar free almond and coconut milk!
- Grains. No corn, wheat, rye, millet, buckwheat, rice, quinoa. Substitute these cravings with potatoes, even yams, almond flour, coconut flour and more.
- Alcohol. No pops for you, you lush!
- Legumes. Lima beans, etc. Replace with vegetables.
- Added Sugar. No sugar whatsoever, not even juice (only to cook with in moderation).
- No junk food and anything with sulfites.
Some things I cooked over the last week or so include:
- Eggs sunny side up, with Kale and Uncured Bacon
- Italian Chicken – garlic, olives, onions, kale, chicken, tomato sauce (no sugar added), tomato past, basil, oregano, garlic, black pepper, Himalayan salt
- Chicken Leg Roast – organic chicken legs, organic brussel sprouts, potatoes, carrots, whole garlic, olive oil, himalayan salt, combine all at 425 degrees F for an hour.
Extra tips to be successful on this diet:
- Try to get a friend, boyfriend, husband, family member to do it with you! If someone you are living commits with you it makes it twice as fun and twice a party once you complete your first round!
- Remove any food non-compliant, or any temptations. Unfortunately my kids birthdays were close together and then Thanksgiving happened during my first round, but no worries, I didn’t cheat. I just made sure all candy and sweets were not in my view, some I completely removed, to make sure I could not just grab it and eat it. I hid these main sugar sweets in my cabinets so that when the kids wanted them I would give them close the cabinets, out of sight out of mind.
- Drink tea and coffee as your dessert. This sounds odd, but really helped me succeed in a big way! I used the sugar free coconut almond milk and it was really delicious and heavy almost like a hot chocolate.
- Be prepared always with food! There are both Larabars and Rxbars that are compliant with the Whole30. I would buy these and keep in your purse, car or pocket, just in case you get hungry. Fruit and veggies are also nice to have along with a water bottle filled with ice, lime, lemon, orange, cranberries, etc. as a treat for yourself.
- I weighed myself. This is supposed to be a no no, however I wanted to see immediate results which I did. I lost about 10 pounds in the first few weeks, and if you are addicted to carbs, sugar and dairy, which I was, you will probably be as successful as I was.
In closing, I have never found a diet more successful than this one. There is really no measuring, tracking points, etc. which gets old and boring fast. No frozen tasteless meals and your taste buds begin to enjoy fruits, meat, veggies again. After your first round, you can try another round, but some people opt to do the Paleo diet which I have not tried and plan on continuing through the New Year.
HAPPY EATING, and enjoy your Sunday!