I lost 10 pounds so far! Yippee! So excited and feeling much more energetic and hopeful in comparison to 20 days ago before I started this Whole30 diet.
I ended up getting my period this week, plus it was Thanksgiving yesterday, so it has been a tough week. Apologies for not posting sooner. Thankfully my husbands friends hosted us and they made some Whole30 friendly chicken that was delicious. They from a part of India called Andrapradess, and are married for a year or more now. The spices on the chicken were so good, I have to ask her for the recipe. NO sugar or butter on it too which was nice. I always like to find out other married couples stories and how they met, turns out they actually have known each other since they were 16 and loved each other for like 10 years before they decided to get married. It was nice to be hosted on this holiday especially with kids it makes it tough to host!
Now on the meals and deals this week. Drinking wise I had:
- unsweetened tea from McDonalds,
- my same old coffee with unsweetened coconut and almond milk (check the label to make sure it has 0 sugar) where I threw in some cinnamon and nutmeg along with coconut oil which added some nice flavor, iced and hot
- lots of water with ice cubes and fruit, including lemons, limes, oranges and more
- Lipton tea with unsweetened coconut and almond milk
- Perrier Lime Sparkling Water
Meal wise I had:
- Steak bits with chopped onions, whole garlic, chopped asparagus, chopped white potato, cumin, Himalayan salt and pepper
- 4 fried eggs with four slices of uncured sugar free bacon
- Roasted chicken with Indian spice and olive oil
- Coconut biscuits with ghee
- Coconut biscuits chopped up with chopped apples and cinnamon
- Scrambled eggs with cilantro and turkey bacon
- Baked asparagus wraps with uncured bacon
- Baked sweet potato fries with a little olive oil, had this 5 times
- Whole raw almonds unsalted as a snack
- Whole apples as a snack
- Green olives as a snack
- Avocado and tomato chopped together with olive oil as a snack
So far so good today and feeling energized. Just folded laundry that was clean since a few days ago, also went bike riding with the kids and hubby in Venice, and drove around Marina del Rey ad it was beautiful. The canals throughout Venice Beach are really epic with nice modern touches.
No shopping on Black Friday for me! So far anyway. I may go online and buy some tops from the Gap or Old Navy. Otherwise, chilling with the family this long weekend and may do an overnight somewhere. It is so great to have the extra time off.
Have a great long weekend all! 🙂