Five pieces about Gord Downie, a man who used his last two years to build a better Canada.
We ran into a Bruce Lee quote today, so figured it would only make sense to share some of his best quotes of all time! Here we go!
- I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
- Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own.
- Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.
- Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successful personality and duplicate it.
- If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done.
- If you love life, don’t waste time, for time is what life is made up of.
- Having no limitation as limitation
- A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer.
- Don’t think, feel….it is like a finger pointing a way to the moon. Don’t concentrate on the finger or you will miss all that heavenly glory!
- I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.
- Mistakes are always forgivable, if one has the courage to admit them.
- Knowledge will give you power, but character respect.
- Love is like a friendship caught on fire. In the beginning a flame, very pretty, often hot and firce, but still only light and flickering. As love grows older, our hearts mature and our love becomes as coals, depp-burning and unquenchable.
- If you always put limit on everything you do, physical, or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
- Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily creacked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
- As you think, so shall you become.
- The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering.
- It’s not the daily increase but the daily decrease. Hack away at the unessential.
- Showing off is the fool’s idea of glory.
- To hell with circumstances; I create opportunities.
- Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function and duty of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one’s potential.
- Real living is living for others.
- A quick temper will make a fool of you soon enough.
- The less effort, the faster and more powerful you will be.
- The possession of anything begins in the mind.
- To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person.
- Obey the principles without being bound by them.
- To me, the extraordinary aspect of martial arts lies in its simplicity. The easy way is also the right way, and martial arts is nothing at all special; the closer to the true way of martial arts, the less wastage of expression there is.
- Take no thought of who is right or wrong or who is better than. Be not for or against.
- You just wait. I’m going to be the biggest Chinese Star in the world.
I found this Law of Attraction Coaching online that I felt was worth transcribing and sharing for you! See below:
Gary Vaynercheck notes the following: People should fucking stop complaining. People should figure out who the fuck they are. People should not listen to America propaganda of fixing the shit they suck at, they should be tripling down what they are good at. They should be competent in certain areas, but you are not going to become Beyonce. Or you know like your bone structure is a certain way, you’re not going to solve everything. Your IQ can get a little bit better, but don’t worry about the incremental. Figure out what fucking puts you on fire or what you are halfway decent at. If you are lucky enough right now to be listening and you are good at what you like, become tunnel fucking vision. Because there are way too many voices telling you what and how. And here’s the other thing. And this is the big one John because you have a humungous audience, the biggest thing that I have seen dividends from have the conversation with the person that is holding you back, the reason most people who are listening right now are not doing that thing is they are worried about the opinion of somebody. Usually their mother, usually their father, and the reality is, is that your spouse may be the person holding you back and you have to have that conversation. We have to get to a place where you are doing you. Because the number one thing that scares the fuck out of me is regret. And you are going to sit there at 72 and say “I wish, I wish, I wish.” And whether that’s money, or spend more time with your family. There’s a million ways to do this.
“The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need for tomorrow.”
Tony Robbins comments as well: Our whole lives are guided moment to moment by the state we are in. Learning how to change your state, not bullshit, not fake, BUT to go from pissed off, frustrated, freaked out, to back in your center, or creative, or determined, or something that’s going to move you forward that is going to create a better quality life for you and others, that’s a critical skill set. So moment to moment life is controlled by our states. You know, you’re in an angry state you are going to respond in a differently state then when you are playful. But what controls those states long term is your model of the world. Everyone has different goals and dreams, and desires but as I traveled around the world to 100 countries, I started going, holy shit I am seeing the same problems, what’s underneath it. I began to see that we all have the same needs. We all have the need for certainty, that we can avoid pain and have some pleasures. We all need uncertainty or variety or we are dead inside or if we are totally certain we are bored. It’s not a balance, it’s figuring out what you need more as a person everyone has a different set of values in that area. Everyone has their different needs! The need for significance, the need to feel love, to grow and to contribute. Some people value certainty at the top of their list. That’s the center of their target. I don’t want to do anything unless I know it’s going to work. I don’t want to do anything unless it’s the same. If you are driven to love first, then your actions or going to be different. The two that of 90% of people on the planet. Of all these needs, which ones do you focus on 1) being significant, we live in a facebook world, put new filters, make it different than what it really is to make themselves look good. We live in this false world where significance is bigger than love.