This is my 4th round of Whole30, and it’s hard girl! The things I miss most but are most dangerous for me include whole milk (can you tell I have kids yet?), toast with butter and jelly, and WINE. WINE, WINE, WINE!
I know it’s only for 30 days but it’s a hike uphill for sure. Or maybe we can lighten the mood with it being a journey…ha!
Either way here are 5 WHOLE30 Meals I’m loving right now!
- Banana Pancakes – Not having refined sugar has been tough, and each morning I wake up craving sugar! ;-( A simple solution here is mashed banana, mashed in an egg, cinnamon and nutmeg too. You can use coconut oil in the pan and cook. It has been my go to as I think I am craving sugar because I am getting my period soon. Merp.
- Larabar Cashew Cookie – Girl, I know you’re not supposed to have cookies, but this ain’t your regular cookie! This Larabar has cashews and dates all mashed up together and the combo is DELISH! I highly recommend having these in stock when you get that craving for sugar.
- Sliced Apples – Hey now, calm down. It’s simple but it works. Dip in compliant almond butter and add some raisins and there you go!
- Chicken Stew – Oh yes. It’s summer time and I am eating stew! It’s not winter. I start with olive oil, salt, pepper, red chili powder, crushed red pepper, then add chopped onion, cherry tomatoes, peeled and chopped potatoes, and cook chicken. When I am not on Whole30 I’ll add a cup of wine at the onion stage and it really adds an extra kick in the mouth.
- Crustless Quiche – Okay don’t judge me. “Quiche with a crust? WTF?” Yes it is possible and delicious. Eggs, precooked uncured bacon, chopped tomatoes, mushrooms, shredded cabbage, chopped potatoes, and bake at 300 degrees for 25 minutes. You may eat the whole thing in one sitting.
Some WHOLE30 Meals to wash it down include La Croix with sliced lime, hot tea with coconut milk, cold water with lemon, cucumber and mint with a pink of sea salt, and you’re off to enjoy another successful WHOLE30 Round! Enjoy little lady!