Happy Holidays to everyone!
I am excited to share the following:
1) I took off a week from my day job to potty train my twin boys and chill with my husband;
2) We booked a few days in the Westin Hotel in Long Beach and it was awesome. The room service and food were super and it was nice to not have to clean my home for 3 days.
3) I scrubbed marker and crayon off my wall with a Magic Eraser today. Go me! This project is TO BE CONTINUED as I could not finish it all.
4) I made this amazing deviled eggs recipe that is Whole30 friendly as today marks round 2 of my Whole30 diet! As they say, R2D1, as I drank half and half on the trip and had an english muffin on the last day of our stay.
5) My husband is vacuuming now and it is almost like eating chocolate cake.
Here is the lovely pictures of the Whole30 deviled eggs!
- 6 organic eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonaisse (Whole30 homemade mayo version below)
- 1/6 cup mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
STEP 1: Boil 6 organic eggs for 9 minutes and let cool.
STEP 3: Cut eggs in half.
STEP 4: Scoop out the yolk in a little boil, add 1/4 cup of mayonnaise and mustard with Himalayan salt and black pepper to taste.
STEP 5: Fill the empty eggs with the filling and sprinkle with paprika.
I suggest making and storing your own Whole30 friendly mayonnaise as it is super easy to make and much less expensive then buying at the store!
For Whole30 mayonnaise you need to combine the following,
- 1 room temperature egg
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of himalayan salt
- 1/2 juiced lemon
- 1 and 1/4 cup of olive oil
STEP 1: Mix the egg, mustard, mayo, salt, lemon in a bowl or food processor.
STEP 2: For thick mayo, slowly add the olive oil bit by bit and process.
STEP 3: Use it! Feel free to store in a reused glass jar for later purposes.
I have to admit I ate all the deviled eggs just now, and am super full! For desert I may munch on an apple and make some Lipton tea with coconut/almond milk which is all sugar free but tastes like a desert. I wanted to say also that I saw someone at work (a skinny girl) feed herself with a spoonful of coconut oil. I thought it as a very interesting way to potentially keep myself full before my next meal so wanted to share it with you just in case you were in the mood to try it. I have coconut oil here that I have been adding to my morning coffee and it is excellent, but never thought to just scoop of a serving and eat it. Will test it later and let you know how that goes in a later blog.
Now off to watch Despicable Me 2 for the 30th time, have a lovely evening and stick with the Whole30! It’s so worth it!