4 more days until New Year’s Day! 2017 will be over and done with, commencing a new beginning in 2018! I am off from my day job until January 2nd, so this is a great time for me to reflect on my 2017 progress and failures and come into 2018 with new goals and strategies to achieve what I want to accomplish this year!
Being a mom, wife, co-worker, business partner and woman, I have many different roles to fill, and want to make sure I make goals for each hat I wear so that I can achieve greatness in each. It is hard to balance everything, so having clear goals really helps. Some use vision boards which can be even more effective in hitting your goals. Being in my mid-thirties I feel as if I need to set lofty goals to get where I need to be before I turn 40.
Here goes nothing, 2018 goals and deadlines:
As a mother, I would like to achieve the following with my boys:
- Have them fully potty trained by end of March.
- Have them reading Mickey Mouse books on their own by end of March.
- Get tutoring for them before TK, or pre-Kindergarten, to make sure they are on the same playing field as the other children. This will be before March too.
- Have them clearly speaking sentences and responding politely with please and thank you always.
- Have them sleeping through the night without coming into mom and dad’s room. Better to be independent here.
As a wife, I would like to achieve the following:
- Cook dinner at least 4 times a week and learn something new that my husband likes.
- Be sexy at least 3 times a week.
- Support my husband and his acting career as much as possible.
- Support him in joining new acting groups to help expand his network.
As a co-worker, I would like to achieve the following:
- Encourage my fellow co-workers to be their best daily.
- Be friendly and helpful.
- Be enthusiastic and positive.
As a business partner, I would like to achieve the following:
- Blog as often as possible, minimum 3 times weekly to further build my blog.
- Partner with other websites to support their content.
- Get 1,000 articles in by end of year.
- Learn something new technically to enhance my site and others.
- Dress professionally every day, nothing wrinkled.
As a woman, I would like to achieve the following:
- Do my hair nice as to not look like a wet headed troll when I enter the outside world.
- Do my makeup, again to not look like a tired troll.
- Keep up with the Whole30 diet.
- Get to a healthy weight, 155 pounds preferably by end of March.
- Walk 2 miles a day or swim in the pool.
What are some of your goals and achievements that you would like to accomplish this year? Having clear set goals should really help improve your chances of hitting your goals this year! I would say make sure your daily routine includes little steps to hitting the goal. As for 2018, remember to take care of yourself, keep your head up, brush off the haters and kick ass!