About to go to the supermarket again, and wanted to share my grocery list to help as a guide to stock up the healthiest filling options for losing weight on the Whole30.
This week was tough as I really felt the after effects of the sugar I was eating, and I didn’t realize also how dairy was having a negative effect on my overall weight and insulin levels too. My father being diabetic, and my sister being pre-diabetic who is a year younger than me, I knew that I was going to be next. This diet is supposed to help improve the way you look and feel and by the end give you more energy!
- I have had much more water than I was having prior to the Whole30 diet, which is great for keeping your body as it’s best! Typically before I would have 3 cups of coffee through out the day with sugary dairy creamer and it would give me a high for a hour or so. After I would crash and find myself back in my work kitchen filling up on coffee again! I love cutting up a lemon or lime to give the water a more fresh taste!
- I have a better taste for REAL food! Everything that I have picked up from the grocery store has been organic, and mainly fresh.
- I am way more energetic than I was before. I was actually having trouble going to bed and sleeping through the night and now I am better.
- I cook way more than I did before. Being a working mom, I felt I didn’t have time to cook my own food and relied on take out my husband ordered. This way great and convenient, however it was packed with butter and sugar which I didn’t really think about before this diet.
- I have positively influenced my dad, sisters and friends to adhere to this diet as I have seen stellar results and I know they will too!
- My tummy is flatter, my skin is brighter, my face is skinnier and my entire sense of my body has improved every day I am on this diet. I have never been off of sugar or dairy my entire life, so this feeling and burst of energy is real! I have done no carbs before and felt super tired, so now I know the key was leaving sugar and dairy behind in addition to the processed carbs. Being from a big family, pasta had a big influence on my childhood. I thought that I would share this with my children, but now I realize the damaging effects.
- I am much happier than I was before, and feel an overwhelming sense of happiness with my new plan!
Here is the new list that I have for you to make it super simple going grocery shopping for you and any other family members that want to join as well.
- 2 bags of cherries
- 1 bag of grapes
- 3 lemons
- 3 limes
- 2 grapefruits
- 2 russet potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4 avocados
- 1 pack of carrots
- 10 brussel sprouts
- 3 onions
- 2 packs of mushrooms
- 2 packs of raw almonds
- 1 12-pack of brown organic eggs
- 1 carton of coconut milk
- 1 steak
- 4 chicken breasts
- Himalayan Salt
Enjoy yourself, and if you had any other grocery items you think would be helpful, feel free to share below. CHEERIO!