I used to struggle greatly with anxiety. I used to feel like I couldn’t move when I couldn’t solve other peoples problems. I tried to avoid any anxiety provoking situations. I would do all I could to avoid people, places and things when I was feeling overwhelmed, so much to the point where I would not go outside. It was a shame I felt so sorry for myself, but I had no coping skills at the time to get me from point A to point B.
The last year has been hard. We have had toxic leadership with toxic health consequences and our children have been effected in a negative way. This has been triggering for me and many others.
I have healed tremendously by understanding that I have no control over anyone else’s behaviors but my own. My health is my responsibility and I am tasked to work hard to take care of myself, so I can be a better mother, employee, friend and wife.
It has taken a while for me to understand the battle plan as I get anxious, and ways to deflect and relax.
- Take a break. Take some time away with a book or magazine. Watch a Netflix series. Write in a journal. Log your anxiety provoking thoughts and actions you take.
- Focus on your breathing. Breath in through your nose, breath in through your mouth. Keep your shoulders relaxed. Watch your tummy pull in and on naturally.
- Listen to music. Listening to your favorite songs are key to letting loose and focusing on the music rather than your internal chaos.
- Picture yourself in a relaxing place. Close your eyes and think about the details of the place. What colors, sounds and shapes do you see? Let you mind drift and your body relax.
- Gentle exercise can help. Gentle stretching, taking a short walk, putting your feet on the grass, and neck rolls can help you reset your mindset.
- Look for local relaxation or meditation classes.
- Get creative. Try painting, drawing, playing music, baking, and sewing. Instead of focusing on the finished product, enjoy the time and stay in the moment.
- Nature walk or treasure hunt is a ton of fun. You can set a certain amount of objects you need to pick up on your walk to make it a fun challenge.
What do you do to prevent and heal anxiety?
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2021 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.