12 Step Prayer groups have been created to help people with different ailments from overeating, financial abuse, and alcohol abuse. While studying different recovery programs, I found all of the 12 step prayers for Alcoholics Anonymous that are from the text of the Big Book of Alcoholics Anonymous.
- First Step + Prayer Pairing
- The First Step is as follows: We admitted we were powerless over alcohol-that our lives had become unmanageable.
- The First Step prayer is as follows: Dear Lord, I admit that I am powerless over my addiction. I admit that my life is unmanageable when I try to control it. Help me this day to understand the true meaning of powerlessness. Remove from me all denial of my addiction.
- Second Step + Prayer Pairing
- The Second Step is as follows: Came to believe that a power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
- The Second Step prayer is as follows: Heavenly Father, I know in my heart that only you can restore me to sanity. I humbly ask that you remove all twisted thought and addictive behavior from me this day. Heal my spirit and restore me in clear mind.
- Third Step + Prayer Pairing
- The Third Step is as follows: Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
- The Third Step Prayer is as follows: God, I offer myself to thee to build with me and to do with me as thou wilt. Relieve me of the bondage of self that I may better do thy will. Take away my difficulties that victory over them may bear witness to those I would help of thy power thy love, and thy way of life. May I do thy will always!
- Fourth Step + Prayer Pairing
- The Fourth Step is as follows: Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
- The Fourth Step Prayer is as follows: Dear God, It is I who has made my life a mess. I have done it, but I cannot undo it. My mistakes are mine & I will begin a searching & fearless moral inventory. I will write down my wrongs but I will also include that which is good. I pray for the strength to complete the task.
- Fifth Step + Prayer Pairing
- The Fifth Step is as follows: Admitted to God, to ourselves, and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
- The Fifth Step Prayer is as follows: Higher Power, my inventory has shown me who I am, yet I ask for your help in admitting my wrongs to another person and to you. Assure me and be with me in this Step, for without this step I cannot progress in my recovery. With your help, I can do this, and I do it.
- Sixth Step + Prayer Pairing
- The Sixth Step is as follows: Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
- The Sixth Step Prayer is as follows: Dear God, I am ready for your help in removing from me the defects of character which I now realize are an obstacle to my recovery. Help me to continue being honest with myself & guide me toward spiritual & mental health.
- Seventh Step + Prayer Pairing
- The Seventh Step is as follows: Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
- The Seventh Step Prayer is as follows: My Creator, I am now willing that you should have all of me, good & bad. I pray that you now remove from me every single defect of character, which stands in the way of my usefulness to you & my fellows. Grant me strength as I go out from here to do your bidding.
- Eighth Step + Prayer Pairing
- The Eighth Step is as follows: Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
- The Eighth Step Prayer is as follows: Higher Power, I ask you help in making my list of all those I have harmed. I will take my responsibility for my mistakes and will be forgiving to others as you are forgiving to me. Grant me the willingness to begin my restitution. This I pray.
- Ninth Step + Prayer Pairing
- The Ninth Step is as follows: Made direct amends to such people wherever possible except when to do so would injure them or others.
- The Ninth Step Prayer is as follows: Higher Power, I pray for the right attitude to make my amends, being ever mindful not to harm others in the process. I ask for Your guidance in making indirect amends. Most important, I will continue to make amends by staying abstinent, helping others and growing in spiritual process.
- Tenth Step + Prayer Pairing
- The Tenth Step is as follows: Continued to take personal inventory, and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
- The Tenth Step Prayer is as follows: I pray I may continue to grow in understanding & effectiveness. To take daily spot check inventories of myself; to correct mistakes when I mahke them; to take responsibility for my actions; to be ever aware of my negative and self-defeating attitudes and behaviors; to keep my willfulness in check; to always remember I need your help; to keep love & tolerance of others as my code; & to continue in daily prayer how I can best serve You my higher power.
- Eleventh Step + Prayer Pairing
- The Eleventh Step is as follows: Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
- The Eleventh Step Prayer is as follows: Higher Power, as I understand you I pray to keep my connection with you open and clear from the confusion of daily life. Through my prayers and meditation I ask especially for freedom from self-will, rationalization and wishful thinking. I pray for the guidance of correct thought & positive action. Your will Higher Power, not mine, be done.
- Twelfth Step + Prayer Pairing
- The Twelfth Step is as follows: Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, andtto practice these principles in all our affairs.
- The Twelfth Step Prayer is as follows: Dear God My spiritual awakening continues to unfold. The help I have received I shall pass on & give to others, both in & out of the fellowship. For this opportunity I am grateful. I pray most humbly to continue walking day by day on the road of spiritual progress. I pray most humbly to continue walking day by day on the road of spiritual progress. I pray for the inner strength & wisdom to practice the principles of this way of life in all I do and say. I need you my friends and the program every hour every day. This is a better way to live.
What prayer and step are your favorite?
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2022 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.
You must log in to post a comment.