Julian Treasure wants us to know the five ways to listen better.
He says we are losing our listening. We only take in 25% of what we hear. It is a mental process of extraction from pattern recognition to help us distinguish noise and pull out what is important from the differences of what we hear. Most people are unconscious of the filters we have. Intention is very important in sound. Sound places us in space and time. You are aware of where you are with what sounds surround you.
Julian thinks we are losing our listening due to the world being noisy and that people write things instead. Headphones also impede our listening. We are becoming impatient. The art of conversation is being lost and people are not paying attention. The media pulls out ways to distract us from what we need to do and what we discern as important or not. The world is a scary place but Julian has 5 wasy ways to listen.
- Take 3 minutes of silence. This is a great way to reset.
- Even if you are in a noisy environment, listen to how many individual channels can you hear.
- Savor and enjoy mundane sounds like a dryer or shower. He calls these the hidden choirs.
- Move your listening positions. There are action, passive, reductive, expansive, critical, and empathetic. These are the filters or scales that you can listen.
- Leaders, teachers, spouses, parents and friends need to Receive, Appreciate, Symmarize, and Ask (RASA).
It is great to spiritually connect to other people through listening in schools. Listening is a great thing to teach in schools, so that people are capable of doing it and doing it well.
What ways do you listen to the world?
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2021 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.