Life has it’s up and downs, and lately it feels like things are just getting worse and worse in the world. In order to feel and live my best life, I need to pay attention to the things I can change and focus on executing them rather then getting myself down where I freeze up and become unproductive. It is easy to get into bad habits that take us away from the now, and waste of time when we could be focusing on new things that work to present our best selves.
In order to feel calm again, we need to get back to basics. Self-soothing is key when life gets stressful, and sometimes it is hard to change it up with contrary action. Focusing on the things we can change will help us understand what we actually have control over and what we do not. We can apply for that job and do our due dilligence, but still not get it. We can try our best at home, but still have tension. The reality is there are things we can give to our greater spirit driven universe, and then there are ways we can bring it back to home base by focusing in on our feelings and self-soothing with these 14 new ideas you can use at any time during the day.
Remember, we can restart our day AT ANY TIME. We decide what we think and feel, and no one decides our fate but us. We need to be our own hero and love ourselves along the way.
Here are these 14 new ways to self-soothe as things get wacky and out of balance during the holidays.
- Draw a picture of your favorite place. Use vibrant colors to make it a most happy moment to bring you back to that happy time.
- Create a gratitude list. This can be the big stuff like family and friends, or it can bel be little things like the dew on a leaf or flower.
- Take a drive and listen to your favorite music playlist to keep you calm as you breeze over pavement. I love creating playlist on our Leverage Ambition YouTube channel and then just connect it to my bluetooth in the car. I love opening up the windows and singing along with my favorite artists.
- Look up at the stars and try to figure out the constellations. It was a crescent moon last night. Last month the planet Venus was in the sky so getting a view of a planet with the naked eye was really majestic and rad. It was peaceful and introspective at the same time as it reminds me that it’s a big, big world out there.
- Buy new tea bags you’ll love, and test them our with honey and milk. I am lactose intolerant so vanilla almond milk is my favorite.
- Make a home cooked meal you love. I made some pan-seared sea scallops last week, and it felt like I was at a 5 star restaurant without the hefty bill.
- Bake sesame bread. My favorite bread is sourdough though, so whenever I have the time I will bake a loaf that works best with my mood. It goes great with butter or garlic and herb paste. Butter and toast makes everything better!
- Buy fresh flowers. There’s nothing like the smell of fresh cut grass and fresh cut flowers. I really enjoy smelling the roses along my street, I know it’s cliche but those 5 seconds are a huge mood booster for hours beyond the smell. Keep it simple.
- Wear comfy, soft clothes. I have this super warm bright yellow sweater that is so comfortable. I put it on when it’s a little chilly in the house and sip my tea, it’s a great way to relax and stay comfy.
- Light intention candles. Every time I light a candle I have an intention behind it that I love to use, and mainly it’s, ‘God, free me from my troubles.’ The simplicity and directness allows me to let go my worries. And then when I finally blow out the candle, the affirmation is sealed in with the greater universe.
- Snuggle up in a fresh, new clean sheets and a warm blanket. I have this one grey fuzzy blanket and another navy blue felt blanket that is super warm and super comforting. Sometimes you just need to wrap yourself in a nice, big blanket , while keeping calm and chilling out.
- Light a fire in the fireplace. If you do not have a fire, I use a space heater and get close to it, soaking up all the warm loving goodness it brings. Just remember to turn it off before you go to bed, so the air doesn’t get too dry.
- Drink cold water with lemon and apple cider vinegar. I love putting the water in a plastic clear cup with a straw so I can see my progress and clear out my system as the day progresses to try to get in my 8 glasses of water daily.
- Take a warm salt bath. Salt baths are amazing, and you can use a cup of regular Epson salt or Himalayan salt to draw impurities out of your body and clean your skin. Don’t make it too hot or you will dry it out. Apply lotion afterwards to seal in the extra moisture.
What do you do to self-soothe when you are in a crunch?
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2021 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.