I’ve waited all year for this! 🌇
Now I realize that I didn’t REALLY need to wait for Thanksgiving to eat herb butter turkey and homemade gravy!
Let’s keep it simple. Fall is a great time to embrace the seasonal change. It is getting colder in the mornings. My winter blanket is out and I am comfy snuggling in my bed just waiting to walk the kids to school.
It’s amazing how self-sufficient they’ve become over the years. They now get dressed on their own, wash their hands and brush their teeth nicely. They get their own shoes on. All I really need to do is get their lunch packed and their jackets on. It makes me happy to still have those two little tasks as one day I won’t have them. Isn’t that weird? The life of a mom man, it’s wild.
I realize that comfort food is amazing especially when it is hot and rich in flavor. The holiday squirrels are coming out of the trees and collecting their nuts, meanwhile I love to whip out the old recipes that make my Thanksgiving holiday. The reality is we can make Turkey anytime of year! 🍗
Here is a rich recipe for herb butter Turkey and hasselback potatoes. The best part is you can make Turkey salad and Turkey sandwiches with the leftovers.
HERB BUTTER TURKEY 🍗
- 1 fresh turkey, 14-15 lbs
- 1 stick of butter at room temperature
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 5 whole fresh sage leaves
- 1/2 cup of fresh chopped sage leaves
- 1/4 cup of parsley
- 12 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 full head of raw garlic, chop only top off to show the garlic
- 1 lemon, halved
- For the gravy, 3 tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar
🥇 TURKEY FIRST 🍁
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Take out the fresh turkey, make sure it is fully defrosted before this step. This means dethawing the Turkey in the refrigerator from the freezer for 3 days.
- Remove the giblets.
- Wash the whole turkey with warm water.
- Pat turkey dry with dry cloth.
- Take out Turkey pan that has a rack in it.
- Carefully salt the turkey lightly or to tour liking, in the inside and outside.
🥈 HERB SPREAD SECOND 🌱
- Take the whole sage leaves and place them under the skin throughout the Turkey. This gives it great flavor and gives a good presentation once it’s fully cooked.
- Take a small bowl and add the butter, chopped sage + parsley, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Mix and spread all over the turkey.
- Onion, lemon, garlic and thyme all goes right into the cavity of the turkey.
🥉 GET IT IN THE OVEN 🔪
- Loosely tie the turkey legs with kitchen twine and tuck the wings underneath the body of the Turkey.
- Get the turkey in the oven at 450 degrees fahrenheit forn20 minutes, then turn the heat down to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 3 hours or until the internal temperature of the turkey is 165 degrees fahrenheit.
- Pull out turkey then let rest with aluminium foil on top for 30 minutes to an hour.
HOMEMADE GRAVY 🥣
- Take the turkey pan filled with the extra juices into a bowl. Set aside.
- Take the pan and put a 4 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in it under low heat, while using a wooden spoon to scrape the bottom with all the leftover goodies from the pan post pouring out all the juices from the pan.
- Remove fat and turkey juices and remove the fat with a fat separator.
- Pour the turkey juice back into the pan with the apple cider vinegar bits and stir. Turn off heat.
- In a big glass jar that has a solid tight lid on top, put two tablespoons of flour in it then add the incorporated turkey juice.
- Close the lid tightly and shake rigorously for a few minutes as it all incorporates well.
And serve to FINALLY enjoy! 🍁
What are you doing this Thanksgiving?
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2021 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.