The big 4 – 0 is soon approaching, and there are still so many things I want to accomplish before my birthday!
I am so proud of what I accomplished already. I have started a family. I have moved to Los Angeles. I get to play on the beaches all year round. I bought myself an adult car. I had 2 kids. I got the job title I always wanted.
I have to give myself credit for everything I’ve accomplished, but there is still so, so, so much more I want to do!
Here are 7 things I’d like to do before I turn 40 this year:
- Travel the world. I have been to the British Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Key West, Jamaica, and Spain, and I have a long way to go! I’d love to visit Scotland, the Galapagos Islands, the Canary Islands, Seattle, Chicago, Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay, Costa Rica, and Kerala, India. There are so many places I’d love to travel, but with COVID restrictions I have been holding off on traveling as to not catch COVID. I am excited to try and fit these travels in once the virus number count of infected persons goes down.
- Invest in Stocks + Maintain Savings Account. If you have not already invested in a 401K program, it is time to do so! This is a great way to set it and forget it, and save money that should earn you money in the long run. I went with those stocks that grow more slowly and are more reliable, just because I didn’t want to take the risk. Many investors will save invest in riskier stocks when you are younger, but I went with the bigger companies that are more likely to win in the long run. Also, it is imperative to maintain a savings account. This is not just for emergencies, but also for college savings for your kids and home projects that you make want to initiate. I know a friend couple that likes to save up during the year so they can go on a vacation every year. It is great motivation to save money and a great way to create new experiences for you and your family.
- Stop bad habits. If you have a drinking, drugging or eating issues that you need to heal, it is a great time to go to a 12 step program or rehabilitation to help heal yourself. The healing will help strengthen your relationships with yourself and others. If you feel you can’t stop, it is time to ask for help. Here is a list of all of the 12 step programs for your reference if need be. Taking care of yourself is the new cool.
- Start Healthy Diets + Workout. In order to feel your best, it is important to eat healthy to give you energy. When you eat well, you feel well. Here is a list of the Paleo Diet Cheat Sheet that will help you with this diet if you are looking to try this new lifestyle diet. When you workout and break a sweat, you release endorphins you would not have felt beforehand. Working out at least 3-5 days a week will help you feel better and more accomplished.
- Volunteer for a cause of your interest. I am really passionate about autism as my brother is autistic. I make time to donate my time and extra money to the National Autism Society of America, and am available to talk to others in the community that are struggling or need help. If you are passionate about a certain non-profit, it is really helpful when you reach out in effort to support them. Whether it is donating time or money, you feel really good when you help others. I definitely recommend this!
- Find a hobby you enjoy. I really love blogging and doing new arts and crafts or do-it-yourself projects with my kids. It is fun to come up with new topics to write about daily and it is a great outlet to do research on the topics that you care about or that mean a lot to you. It turns out that many of the topics I am passionate are similar topics that others care about too. It is fun browsing the internet and doing research on new topics as it is a new way to learn about new subjects. I also really enjoy doing DIY arts and crafts with the kids. It gives them an opportunity to go creative and expressive their artsy side, while building their confidence when they do something new. It is fun to paint, color, bead, and pull together projects from objects in nature or in the house, and allows us all to work together to create something fun. I highly recommend it as it’s a great way to bond with your kids. Even if you are riding solo, it is really fun to take on new projects like gardening, planting, designing a room, or creating fun pieces of art to complement any new room.
- Make good friends. It is hard to have great friends nowadays as everyone is running around the hamster wheel trying to make it through the daily rat race. They say if you have 3 friends you are doing great. When you are older it is important to have friends that you can trust. It is important to be able to be yourself. It is important to feel comfortable sharing secrets and being honest with them. If you have some great friends, good for you! If you don’t, well get out there and start making some calls or join some new meet up groups to help you find your match.
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2021 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.