Everyone I know is feeling a little down and out lately. Loneliness has reared it’s little head in our lives over the last year of the pandemic and we are all looking to change the game from a lonely mindset to a growth mindset.
What has seemed to be paralyzing and depressing outlook, needs to be transformed through healing so we can step into a growth mindset to learn and restart our lives. We need to start thinking on our toes, spark creativity, foster a growth mindset, and create the daily lives we want to live.
Here are 5 ways to start fostering a growth mindset to give you a new outlook on life and restarting your mindset.
- Motivate Yourself to Try Something New – Have you even wanted to try a new hobby? Now is a great time to start something that you love. The only way you can find something you love is by trying new things. My neighbors just planted a fantastic herb garden indoors that is bringing them new ways to cook their food. They planted mint, rosemary, thyme, and sage and it seems to be growing quickly with a little water and love. They basically went to Home Depot and bought a new pit to hold the herbs, then also bought a new bags of seeds for each herb that they loved to eat. This is one example but there are many ways to start something new, it is just a matter of thinking about things you actually like to do. For me, I have just started painting and crafting with the kids. We have painted different landscapes, geometric shapes and animals, and we send them out to our relatives to remind them that we love them. We have gotten in beading necklaces too, and have been sending them to family and friends as well. If you haven’t gotten into trying to start your own mini-business, now is a great time to try something new based on others needs. One of my friends started a farm to table direct business. He goes door to door and delivers fresh farm produce to people that need it, and it really helps brighten his day along with brightening the days of those that could use the fresh produce (and can’t we all). If you are into women’s beauty products, there are a bunch of homemade lip scrubs, soaps, and bath bombs that could be fun to make too. It’s all up to your imagination and creativity, and it is fun to do something new to help make you feel happy and creative!
- You Can Always Be Better – Are you good or are you great? Evaluating your skill set for your careers is something to look at. What do you want to do? How can you improve? What ways can you do something better than you have done it before? Getting the training and help you need by grabbing a mentor or learning more about the topic or skill you’d like to learn will help spur your growth. There are a ton of entrepreneurial podcasts out there now that can help you reach you goals and learn more about productivity and growth, including The Tim Ferriss Show, How I Built This with Guy Raz supported by NPR, Startup by Gimlet Media, Masters of Scale with Reid Hoffman, and Entrepreneurs on Fire with John Lee Dumas. Find out the struggles and successes of new entrepreneurs and find out what business you’d like to try.
- Make The Effort Daily – The only way you are going to grow is if you work at it consistently. Do you love to write? Practice it daily with a WordPress Blog or ask to write for your local paper. Do you like to help people smile? Create a lemonade stand in front of your house and sell lemonade as a conversation starter. Do you like real estate? Help out your local real estate agency and assist realtors in selling homes. Do you want to sell products online? Check out Amazon’s selling programs that can help you flip products from stores like the .99 cent store or Ross. There are some many ways to make money and create a business, it is really a matter of what your passion is and then doing it daily to test it out. Not all ventures will succeed but if you love what you do you’ll never work a day in your life.
- Be Gracious with Setbacks – Setbacks are a part of life. You lose that job you loved, you miss an opportunity, you feel like you’ve been kicked in the mud? We’ve all been there, and it’s not a good place to be in. Setbacks are a good way to reflect on what happened and learn from your mistakes. You may be in the right industry, but didn’t love your boss. That means that you can find a new boss in the same industry that vibes well with you and looks after you and your needs. Supportive bosses are hard to find, but they are out there. If you have some investment capital, try to find a hobby that you may be able to turn into a business one day. I love to write and help others, so blogging about work, family, and fun is a great way for me to give back to the world in a way I’ve always wanted to. If you are in a funk and are stuck at a crossroad, don’t worry, we’ve all been there. This too shall pass and time with effort will get you back on track. Stay persistent and make the effort even if you are not feeling 100% and something will come up.
- Always Find Ways To Improve – You can do this by getting feedback from your work or family. It can help you build on what you have already created to make your craft better than it was yesterday. Accepting feedback and asking for it can be anxiety provoking, but if you look at it from a factual standpoint instead of a feelings standpoint you will see that you can improve with help from others.
In what ways do you embrace a growth mindset?
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2021 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.