- I agreed to every goal that was given to me by management, even if it wasn’t necessarily realistic or achievable. Then luckily I surpassed those goals, burned myself out, and the same naysayers that doubted me took credit for the outcomes.
- I didn’t check references thinking this was done by HR and paid for it. The new hire ended treating others disrespectfully and not generating any true value. I hired someone with a pitiful reputation in the industry, and in the end made me look bad. To top it off, I waited an extra quarter to let them go when it clearly wasn’t working out. If it’s a dud, it’s a dud, and it is good to clean up the mess sooner than later.
- I didn’t hire Sales Ops early on. This lead to my Sellers being overworked spending more time gaining leads then getting on introductory calls. Next time I will hire a trinity for each sales pod, a seller, a sales development representative, and a account manager for each to scale successfully with proper support.
- I won’t have everyone attend the same events all at once. One seller per event can collect and delegate leads with my help so there isn’t a competition.
Four team pillars that I want to keep in mind daily next time around:
- I listen and play back what I am hearing.
- I add value.
- I have fun. And I don’t feel guilty playing.
- I keep it real, not salesy.
What lessons have you learned in your leadership positions and how did it make you a better leader?
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2021 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.