We are all trying to get ahead in work and life in general, but at what cost? My parents taught me about the Golden Rule and treating others the way you’d want to be treated at an early age. This has helped me succeed in many ways and find the jobs that are right for me. I have always wanted to help others, and this is how I got into writing and sales. I have always wanted to make a difference and to give my life purpose a mission to do good for others and treat all with respect.
I have found that the work environment gets more and more competitive, but following the basic principles and sticking to your values will help you succeed more often then none. Sometimes even if you do the best job, you may be lacking in other areas where others can find you a threat.
Here are 5 ways to help you win at work and find your best day can be today.
- Plan for success. If you are aware of what you what, and you have your mission, it is easier to build a plan and set goals to try and reach them. I suggest writing down your yearly goals, and then breaking them down into quarterly, monthly, and daily goals. Rome wasn’t built in a day, so remember to be consistent and adjust where needed to help keep your eyes on the prize.
- Find opportunity. Opportunity is everywhere. You just need to hunt for it. Sometimes it is just finding the right people in the right places that can get you from point A to point B. Sometimes it is in your rolodex where places like LinkedIn can connect you to the people you need to be in touch with the help you out. Research and do your homework to understand your target markets and reach out accordingly. Having great email threads ahead of time and automating them can really help if the emails are personalized and helpful, solving a problem for your recipient and improving their lives with your services.
- Establish trust with your audience. Don’t underestimate the small things like sending a letter or gift, or taking someone out to lunch. When you focus on building relationships based on trust, you will be able to build long term relationships that will stand the test of time and will be accessible always.
- Know what you want. Knowing what you want is half the battle. Understanding your needs and what is important right now to get them is key to getting them. Setting the path and going back to the drawing board when you are at a standstill is key to moving forward with pride and elegance. Don’t get caught up in a no, get caught up in the why not!
- Follow up rigorously with important information that puts the cherry on top of your sale, but also reiterates your value points. When you are providing useful information like referrals or case studies, you will see that your target audience may be more interested in a starter conversation based on your clients previous success. Connecting your future clients with current or former clients may help you seal the deal too.
What other ways have you succeeded at your job? How are you getting the things you want and simultaneously staying true to your goals and values?
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2021 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.