Ugh. I hate today. My morning was a complete disaster. It has been super cold in the morning and very dry in our house. We have a space heater but I turned it off to combat the air dryness. I think I may add a bowl of water in my room so that it will evaporate and make the air a little more moist.
In the meantime, I wanted to talk about healing today. It is very tough to heal wounds that we’ve received from our parents and beyond. This year is a new year to better understand ourselves and our behaviors. It has been a reset for us to question our reality and the the systems we submit to daily. It is a year for personal growth and triumph when failure always seems to be knocking at our front door.
I only have the ability to control myself and no one else. I need to remember that. I cannot save my family and friends when I have not saved myself and put my oxygen mask on first. I was taught that giving to others without taking care of myself was being a good person growing up. This was false. When I truly take care of myself, I show up for others and am the best I can be.
- Don’t get hung up on the things you cannot control. It doesn’t mean you are bad because someone messes up. CVS lost my prescription 3 times, we got toys from a relative that didn’t work, my morning meeting was late because someone didn’t check the zoom link beforehand, and I am feeling under the weather. Instead of blaming myself and working in rage and hate, I need to give it to my co-creator and understand that there is a plan and a reason for everything. Timing is always perfect when you co-create with your higher power.
- Stay in the day and plan for abundance. I have the very quick ability to take my mind to a negative place in the depths of the NYC gutters and right into the Hudson river. The reason being is because I set unrealistic expectations of perfectionism that hurt me more than it helps. By setting my goals and taking the steps I need to daily, I will do my best to get to the promise land of positivity.
- I will be thankful for the small things. This includes having a roof over my head, having clean water to shower, having hot water for tea, having family and friends, having my basic needs met when a majority of the world does not have the basics, I know that I should be grateful for the things I have. I’ve worked hard for them.
- I will study and learn something useful for my own personal growth. We are all human and should have an insatiable knowledge for what is real and what is connected. I will learn something new today that I have not learned before to help me understand the world in a different way.
- I will do a favor for someone less fortunate than I and I will not broadcast it. I will give to the homeless person begging for food at the stoplight, and I will give him a power bar. I will donate my clothes that I do not use. I will donate the toys my kids will not use. I will be grateful for what I have, and help others.
- I will make time for quiet time and meditate. I will open my mind and give myself a blank slate to restart my day and love myself.
- I will not be a doormat for others personal problems that I have no control over. I will not engage in relationships that make me feel bad about myself, trigger me into sadness, or challenge my wellbeing. I will understand that I need to fill my cup before I fill anyone else’s.
- I will be patient and kind. Although I am sad, I will be patient with myself and know that this too shall pass. There are ebbs and flows in life, and I just need to know how to surf it. Feelings are not facts, and time changes and heals all.
What things do you do to get out of a funk?
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2020 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.
Reblogged this on Ned Hamson's Second Line View of the News and commented:
These are great tips, we are all healing from something, thanks for sharing! 🤗
Thanks for popping round to my blog. Your blog looks really interesting. I’m not so sure that the start of a new year is a reset, but it does give us a change to revisit things and maybe change a few things. Here in Australia, we’re on school holidays until the end of January and it’s pretty laid back in January anyway. So, for me, New year’s Day is like a warning bell and I have a few weeks to get things organized so the kids can be well prepared for the next school year.
We ended up hosting Christmas last year and guttered the loungeroom and replaced the flooring and the room looks amazing. It’s now host to the sofa bed and my teenage daughter has started inviting her friends over. So, that’s two really big steps forward.
I do a range of things when I’m in a funk. I go op shopping, walking along the beach, do photography. Catch up with a friend.
I appreciated your reminder not to try to control people but its hard when people closest to you don’t understand you and never have, especially when they’re your parents. You can’t make them see, and you just have to try not to get worked up about it. Let it go through to the keeper. Easier said than done.
Well, I’d better get to sleep and I think you’d enjoy my latest post.
Thank you, Rowena. We are setting up for the new year too, it ain’t easy but all we need is a little elbow grease! 😎
Interesting you should mention elbow grease, Stacy. For the last two years, my word for the new year has been “action”, which fits in well with your mention of the elbow grease. I’ve managed to pile more stuff up to go, which is great but I’ve also set myself a goal of writing regularly in a free form diary and writing more. That could also fall into the elbow grease department, but in a different category.
Best wishes for the New Year!
Reblogged this on Love and Love Alone.
You must log in to post a comment.