If you’ve clicked this article, someone has messed with you and hurt you. I am sorry, and it is OK to not be OK. Not uncommon in human nature, bullies, envy, and a whole mess of reasons could have led to someone to stray from loyalty. Not to make excuses for bad behavior here, but sometimes that helps me cope.
Betrayal is not a reflection on you. It’s a reflection on them. Others actions dictate character. Betrayal also saves you from disloyal friends and enemies alike.
Have you been betrayed before? I would love to learn more about your betrayal below, as we all have had those closest to us hurt us and can support each other in our emotional growth. The camaraderie here will help us process our negative feelings and allow us to move on.
Negative emotions are best to be processed like a lightning bolt to an electricity pole, the emotions should go right through you and into the ground. Denying pain and blocking it will just cause more pain later down the road and it is your turn to heal. Let me help you process your feelings below with the Betrayal Quotes that remind us how it can cut like a knife:
BEST BETRAYAL QUOTES
- “Trust, once lost, could not be easily found. Not in a year, perhaps not even in a lifetime.” – J.E.B Spredemann
- “For there to be betrayal, there would have to have been trust first.” – Susan Collins
- “Betrayal is for men with no conscience.” – Toba Beta
- “It is easier to forgive an enemy than to forgive a friend.” – William Blake
- “Stab the body and it heals, but injure the heart and the wound lasts a lifetime.” – Mineko Iwasaki
- “Betrayal is the only truth that sticks.” – Arthur Miller
- “It is more shameful to be trusted by friends than to be deceived by them.” – Confucius
BEST HOPE QUOTES
- “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness.” – Desmond Tutu
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but never lost infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Just as despair can come to one only from other human beings, hope, too, can be given to one only by other human beings.” – Elie Wiesel
BEST RESILIENCE QUOTES
- “Someone said adversity builds character, but someone else said adversity reveals character. I’m pleasantly surprised with my resilience. I persevere, and not just blindly. I take the best, get rid of the rest, and move on, realizing that you can make a choice to take the good.” – Brooke Shields
- “It’s fine when you careen off disasters and terrifyingly bad reviews and rejection and all that stuff when you’re young; your resilience is just terrific.” – Harold Prince
I hope you enjoyed this compilation. What are your favorite quotes on hope and resilience?