It IS true, nice girls don’t get the corner office. They usually get run over and stomped on as others that play the politics game climb the ladder more quickly and more efficiently. The real deal here is that it is imperative to be confident, stick up for yourself without offending others, making difficult decisions, and working smarter rather than hard while politicking with other leaders in the office.
I read the book Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office and pulled together an 11 point wrap up on how to better play the game to your benefit and ultimate success.
Check out the 11 point summary to the award winning book Nice Girls Don’t Get the Corner Office below:
- Letting others make decisions for you and asking for advice can seriously hurt your image. Making decisions is your job, so you should not make it seem like you are incapable by letting others make decisions on your behalf. It is your job to plan for your success. You set the road map according to research, findings, and what you know to be right and sound. Leaders are expected to be decisive. They are expected to be confident. They are expected to make their own choices and then live by them.
- Dressing too femininely can undermine your authority. When you dress over sexualized you let others undermine you. Dress conservatively with pride.
- Don’t act overly feminine. Talking about shopping, dresses, bags, your favorite bands, cooking, and anything that could seem too girly will only hurt you.
- Don’t just work hard, work hard on building relationships with others.
- Don’t feel the need to be liked and have others take advantage of you.
- Don’t take the fall for other jerks mistakes.
- Understand that corporate is a game and the object is to win.
- Don’t play the game safe. Ask for promotions when needed, ask for more budget on other things that can help benefit others in the company.
- Take breaks when needed. Looking frazzled and nervous often makes others loose respect for you as when you don’t respect your time no one else will.
- Make sure you have a goal oriented mindset and that your efforts get the job done. It’s not just about doing the job, it’s completing it.
- Ask your constituents needs, and don’t assume that you know what they need.
What do you think helps you get ahead in the corporate world? Let us know in the comments below, and thanks for reading along with us.
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2021 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.