When I went to study abroad in the early 2000’s, I realized how wasteful Americans are. We leave the shower on as we undress. We leave the water on as we hand wash dishes. We leave the water on as we brush are teeth. We run the dishwasher machine before it’s full. And on, and on, and on.
Here are 15 simple ways to save water and save money on your water bill.
- Turn off the water while brushing your teeth.
- Turn off the water while shaving.
- Take shorter showers.
- Install a water saving shower head.
- Check toilets and faucets for leaks.
- Water your lawn only when necessary.
- Run your dishwasher on the shortest wash.
- Don’t use a hose to clean steps and driveway, use a broom instead.
- Don’t run the hose while soaping your car.
- Don’t let your kids use the hose as a toy.
- Take smaller baths. Usually they use less water than showers.
- Only run the dishwasher when it’s completely full.
- Keep a cold bottle of water in the refrigerator, so that you don’t have to run your tap water long to make it cool.
- When you water your lawn by hand, make sure it is deeply soaked so that you don’t have to do it everyday. It should reach the roots easily.
- Water during the cooler parts of the day like early morning as it prevents fungus growth.
What things do you do to save water in your home?
#leverageambition #leverageambi1 #leverage #ambition #eat #drink #wegotthatyummyyummy #life #family #winning #winningagain #videogames #gamingsuckers #twitch #amazon #youtube #etsy #netflix #instagram #twitter #movies #entertainment #latest #newreleases #shop #talktous #beyou #begreat #beyoubegreat
A Part of Waterview Marketing
Leverage Ambition participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites.
©2021 Leverage Ambition. All rights reserved.